Verbindung mit BFD Pro DSP1124P und FBQ2496
The BFD Pro DSP1124P and FBQ2496 models support Midi communication for setting up their filters and operating modes. To communicate with the units over Midi a Midi Interface is required, for example the Edirol UM-1X USB-Midi interface or the M-Audio UNO.
Connect the plug labelled "OUT" on the Midi interface to the socket labelled "IN" on the BFD (on the UM-1X the adaptor OUT plug has the text "Connect to Midi IN" moulded into it). It is not necessary to connect to the Midi OUT of the BFD.
The Midi Output port is selected via the Kommunikationseinstellungen, REW will not be able to communicate over Midi until the port has been selected. The selection is remembered for the next power-up.
Midi communication is supported on Windows platforms. Linux platforms will require Tritonus (www.tritonus.org) to support Midi comms. Mac OS X platforms with JRE V6 or later installed should support Midi.
Configuring DSP1124P for Midi Communications
In the DSP1124P default configuration Midi comms are disabled. To enable the Midi features used by REW, the unit's Midi menus need to be set up as follows (all buttons referred to are on the DSP1124P front panel):
- Press the IN/OUT and STORE buttons together to access the Midi menus, the LEDs in both buttons start flashing and the display changes to show:
- This is the Midi channel menu (indicated by the "c" in the right hand digit), when the channel shows "-" midi is off. Use the jog wheel to change the channel to 1:
- Press the IN/OUT button twice to change to the Controller menu ("C" in right hand digit) and use the jog wheel to select mode 3:
- Press the IN/OUT button again to change to the Program menu ("P" in right hand digit) and use the jog wheel to select mode 3:
- Press the IN/OUT button again to change to the Store Enable menu ("S" in right hand digit) and use the jog wheel to set the value to 1:
- Press the IN/OUT button 2 more times to exit the Midi menus
The DSP1124P is now configured for Midi communications. This configuration, with the exception of the Store Enable setting, is remembered for the next power-up and does not need to be entered again.
Configuring FBQ2496 for Midi Communications
Midi comms are enabled by default in the FBQ2496. If Midi comms has been turned off, or the channel has been set to something other than 1, proceed as follows (all buttons referred to are on the front panel):
- Make sure the unit is NOT in PEQ mode (i.e. the LED in the PEQ button must be off, if it is on press the PEQ button to turn it off). Press the BANDWIDTH and BYPASS buttons together to access the Midi menus, the LEDs in both buttons start flashing as does the MIDI LED below the numeric display. The display itself shows the Midi on/off status, if it shows OFF turn the knob until it changes to on. Then press the BANDWIDTH button to change to the Midi channel menu, shown in the display by C followed by the channel number. Turn the knob to select channel 1.
- Press any button except BANDWIDTH or BYPASS to exit the Midi menus.
The FBQ2496 is now configured for Midi communications. This configuration is remembered for the next power-up and does not need to be entered again.
- Store Enable is turned off by the DSP1124P when it powers up, REW will prompt you to turn on Store Enable for each measurement session when using DSP1124P. If you do not turn on Store Enable REW will not be able to save filter settings to presets - after downloading filters to the DSP1124P the red LED in the STORE button will be flashing as a warning that changes have been made but not stored. You can manually save to presets by pressing the STORE button, using the jog wheel to select the preset to store to, then pressing the STORE button again (just press the button twice if you are already on the preset you want to use).
- The IN/OUT button LED on DSP1124P flickers during Midi communications, on FBQ2496 the MIDI LED flickers.
- When filters are downloaded to FBQ2496 REW will configure the unit to have 20 parametric filters on the channel being downloaded and, after the download, will turn off the bypass (if it is on).
- Downloading a set of filters takes about 1 second per filter.